Look what I got!! (not the flowery shirt)
The day I turned fourteen, I completed the Young Women Personal Progress. After getting a bishop's interview, I got my medallion and certificate today in sacrament meeting. I also had to bear my testimony, which was nerve-racking, but Amanda was thrilled because she had been wanting every family member to bear their testimony lately. (I think it's just to see how nervous we get though). Anyway, I'm all done!
So I'd better talk about it a little. Personal Progress requires a 10 hour long project for each of the eight Young Women values. I think my two favorites were Individual Worth and Integrity. For Integrity I quilled the 13th Article of Faith to hang in my room, and it is still there. It was a little tedious and took a long time, but I love the finished product and it was really fun to see it come together.
For Individual Worth I compiled my family history and did indexing. When I decided on doing this project, I was not excited. It sounded like a really boring way to spend ten hours. But I learned how to put everything together with my dad, and it turns out I love doing family history! I learned about my ancestors and even got to do a baptism at the temple for one of them! All of Personal Progress was a great experience for me.
Now I plan on getting an Honor Bee by helping Emily with her Personal Progress, and maybe even doing it again!

2 comments:
So proud of you, Allie! Way to go!
Wow, way to go! You have set the bar high in your family. I would love to see your quilling project.
Post a Comment