For our year-end ballet recital, Peter and the Wolf, Grandma and Grandpa came up with our cousin Livvy to see the show. Friday when they arrived we hung out with them and went to Settler's park.
Saturday was the long-awaited day of the performance. There should be more pictures after we order them, but we have a few that were taken at home. This is my Meadow Dancer costume. I was also one of Peter's Friends (on pointe), a Cat, and a Ladybug, which was a duet on pointe one other girl and I did just in the evening show.
Here is Emily's butterfly costume. She was also a Hunter in the end of the show.
And Amanda was one of the flowers in the meadow as a Fuchsia.
With two rehearsals and performances for Emily and I, there wasn't much time in between to hang out at home. During the rehearsals, Livvy got to do her birthday shopping with Grandma and came back with two toy horses.
During the matinee performance, which Amanda was not in, she and Livvy went to the MK Nature Center. Then the rest of the family got dinner.
This show was so much fun. I got to do two dances on pointe plus the big finale called the Triumphant Procession, and in the evening show I had my ladybug duet. Emily also got to be in the Triumphant Procession as a Hunter. And Amanda had her welcome back performance after taking a break from ballet, but sadly it might also have been her farewell. Livvy had fun watching the Bird and Cat in the background teasing each other during most of the show. The whole audience gasped when the duck was eaten by the wolf in a flurry of feathers and then came back alive again at the end. :) It was such a fun show! I think all of us had fun, and now ballet is almost over. Our family saw the evening show because that was when Amanda performed and I did my extra dance. After the show, we went to Delsa's for ice cream.
Thanks to all who came to watch! I can't wait until next year's show!

1 comment:
You girls were terrific in your dance recital. So glad we were able to come and watch!
Post a Comment