It's finally summer! Each of us had our own plans for this first weekend of summer.
I missed the last day of school to go to a Stake Youth Conference at Trinity Pines. It was so much fun! We got to hear John Bytheway and Al Fox speak, which were probably my favorite parts. Thursday was when John Bytheway spoke. He was hilarious, and he even did a cool impersonation of Barney Fife for us. Then we got divided up into groups for our skits and the Amazing Race. Friday morning we went to workshops and then did the Amazing Race. That night we watched each others' skits. Our group was awful, but the rest were pretty hilarious. The next day Al Fox spoke, there was a testimony meeting, and we packed up and went home. Another favorite of mine was a dance we had on Friday night. That was when Al Fox showed up. I even got a picture with her!
From this Youth Conference, I came back with 4 mosquito bites, a massive sunburn, and a lot of fun memories!
While I was gone, Mom kept Emily and Amanda busy with fun activities. Amanda has started a basketball camp this summer and so everyone went to that.
Friday the Winward girls came over to enjoy the pool. Here Amanda is jumping of the swing into the pool and she looks pretty ninja.
The slip-n-slide came out too
And with summer comes garden produce! We've been enjoying fresh garden peas lately
Emily got a rock driller from a garage sale to make jewelry with
And yesterday the girls also played some tennis
Of course, it wouldn't be summer without snow cones!
Happy summer!!

1 comment:
Allie, I'm surprised you even know who Barney Fife is?!
It looks like you have all kicked off summer in a big way. Can't wait to see you in July!
Post a Comment