Friday, August 23, 2013

Back To School

Monday was our first day of school, so of course we had to get pictures. It's early in the morning, we're about to leave for a long, dreary day, and Mom decides every year to take pictures of us in our same old outfits with our same old faces and our same poor family room lighting. But here goes.

Ok, I really shouldn't gripe so much. School hasn't been that bad. Just...an adjustment.

I started my sophomore year of high school this year. So far I am really enjoying high school and its privileges, like eating lunch outside, finally getting two fun electives, having a common room instead of a playground, etc. I like most of my classes and teachers, and I've got lots of friends at school too.
(I'm glowing because of that poor family room lighting I mentioned earlier)
Emily is starting 7th grade this year. She seems to be enjoying school, although she is not a fan of the extra homework after elementary school (but who is, right?). I'm excited for her to have some of the teachers I've had. I think she has had fun hanging out with old friends, and I hear she is also meeting some new ones.
And Amanda is in her last year of elementary school this year, 5th grade. This girl loves to learn new things, and she said she was excited for school to start this year. Not all her teachers are her favorites, but it doesn't look like she has been having much homework yet. She seems to be enjoying her school year too. It's hard to believe she'll be starting middle school next year!
(Again, the lighting is the reason she looks orange)
From here, our lives only get more full. Soon I'll be starting early morning seminary, Amanda has already started basketball, and Emily and I will be starting ballet in two weeks. It will definitely be an adventure to see what the rest of the year holds for us!

1 comment:

Linda said...

You all look darling!