Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Wrapping up the Summer

First of all, I am so sad! Summer is almost over! It's the last day of July, we already have all our school supplies, and we still have so much to do! And to make things worse, our school starts on August 13th. So early!! :( Here's what we've been cramming into our last few summer days.

Amanda finished track (I don't know if I ever posted about her starting track, but she did) and had lots of fun. On the last day she got all her medals and a jersey. She was very proud of herself and we are too.
And with the end of track she started tennis lessons, which are still going on.
Emily also finished a ballet dance camp at our ballet studio. We both did summer ballet classes, only mine go on all summer and hers was only a week, making it a dance camp instead of dance classes. Her class learned and performed a part of a dance from Coppelia for us.
 We also went on a trip to a park in Eagle to look for birds. There we found a shallow water area coming from the river, and the girls loved to play in it.


While I sat on the beach and tried to get some birding done. :) That's another thing we've been wrapping up, our summer projects.
 Other than that, we've been swimming, bike riding, shopping, eating snow cones, and cramming in fun activities to do.
And we still have a camping trip, reward day for our summer projects at Wahooz, and a trip to the water park to get done! Man, am I going to miss summer!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for the update, Allie!

Julie said...

Allie, I love your hair in the last picture! Cute braid!