Friday, October 14, 2011

MAJOR Update!!

Yes, I am back to blogging! Now for a picture and typing overload:
First, WAY back in August at fair time, we all prepared vegetable entries-and boy did we have vegetables!

We each had lots of entries this year, and along with them lots of ribbons of every color. (I left out pictures of the vegetables and things that are hard to see).


All the entries and ribbons were:
Amanda-bug collection with second (red), poem with a blue ribbon (blue), cucumbers with a blue, and tomatoes with nothing
Emily-rock collection with a red, sketch of a baby with a red, sketch of a duck with fourth (pink), cucumbers with a blue, and a paper flower wreath with nothing
Allie-quilled flowers with a red, poem with a blue, carrots with third (white), and tomatoes with nothing
So, for those who are completely confused/bored from all that, basically we all won lots of ribbons and had a lot of fun at the fair! :) Then we all got ice cream afterwards.



Still in August, my Young Womens group and I went on a 22 mile walk to the Boise temple. We heard a story about the pioneer John Rowe Moyle who walked 22 miles every week to work on the Salt Lake Temple, even with a wooden leg. We trained for months and got up at 2:00 a. m. that day to walk-and it was exhausting! But I walked the whole thing and got snacks with everyone else after.

Lovely picture of me. :P
Mom and I had our birthdays in September. I'm finally a teenager!! YES! It took long enough! Grandma and Grandpa brought us a cake and later I had my birthday party at Jump Time, an indoor trampoline center. Mom and I (but mostly me) got to go shopping at the mall with Grandma.


Labor Day weekend we went camping with Grandma and Grandpa Airmet. We had our tent trailer and their tent and tons of fun.


We Richaels have another lame tradition at this campsite. We always go on a walk to a little area with benches overlooking the lake. When we first went here, we took a family picture on the bench from the back, and Emily secretly did bunny ears on Amanda.
The original photo:

The idea caught on and is now a tradition


Finally we are back to October! We all watched General Conference in our Conference tent with snacks and worksheets. I was excited and loved hearing from the prophet and apostles again. The girls watched most of it as well.

And we also went ice skating with friends from ballet class.


OK, that is the end of our ginormous review. Now I can try to keep the blog up to date. :)

5 comments:

Jody said...

Thanks for keeping track of our family Allie!

cjnichols said...

You guys are such a fun family - and a busy one! Did Amanda catch all those bugs?! Yikes! There are some big ones in there!
Thanks for keeping us updated Allie! We miss you guys!

Linda said...

Yeah!!! Finally an update! Good job, Allie!

Julie said...

It's about time :)
Love the posts!

Jamie said...

that was a lot of ribbons allie! I love looking at your posts!